For those of you that want a healthy and lactose-free version of the traditional Pumpkin Pie that tastes delicious, this is the recipe for you! The almond pie crust is the perfect substitution for all of your holiday treats.
Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust
- Almond Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 pinch of stevia or xylitol to very lightly sweeten (less is more)
- 1 (15 oz.) can (preferably organic) pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Pie Filling:
- ¾ cup “Spoonable” brand stevia or equivalent OR 2/3 cup xylitol (OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 oz. organic coconut cream
- 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk, original or vanilla flavor
- 1 slightly cooled almond pie crust (see below)
- Optional: Freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, pinch of sea salt, and 1/2 of stevia/xylitol.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and thoroughly combine. Press into glass pie plate.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. You don’t want the crust to brown.
- Remember to turn up the oven to 425 once the crust is done. You bake the pumpkin pie at this higher temperature for just the first 15 minutes.
- Combine all filling ingredients. Use a high speed blender.
- Pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.